Every bride wants to look wedding day perfect, from shiny hair and strong nails, to blemish-free skin.
While blemishes and mild acne may not be in a bride-to-be’s plans, the common skin condition is an all-too-real concern for many, as planning pressures and poor diet habits often escalate in the lead up to the big day.
A recent survey of 92 private dermatology clinics in the UK showed a 214 percent increase in pre-wedding adult acne treatment, with more than one in three brides aged 35 and over. In Australia, blemishes and mild acne affect 35 percent of women.
A holistic beauty routine that considers the skin from the inside and out is a bridal beauty essential in order to keep pimples at bay and get that big day glow. But where to start?
Naturopath Shelley Atkin advises giving some thought to skin health and stress levels at least three months prior to walking down the aisle.
“Our skin is a reflection of our inner health and emotions, both of which can experience changes when planning a wedding. However, there are some small changes that can make a big difference, to have you smiling down the aisle focused only on your partner”.
Try these natural skincare tips for glowing, clear skin on the day and beyond:
TOP 5 BRIDAL SKINCARE TIPS
1. Keep it Natural Choose a skincare regime with natural and nourishing ingredients to cleanse, treat and repair. Look for chemical-free formulas to treat blemish-prone skin. “Internal supplements should contain natural ingredients to support the skin by helping to foster healthy hormone balance, such as the liver herb Burdock and vitamins B6 and A, which are important in maintaining overall skin health,” Atkin says.
2. Hydrate the Skin A bride needs well-hydrated, supple skin for make-up to look its best. If you have dry skin, ensure regular water intake, use skincare and choose supplements that support skin hydration and nutrition. Look for a cleanser that gently clarifies, rebalances and tones without drying. Choose a moisturiser and spot gel that’s non-greasy and formulated with naturally derived, soothing ingredients such as aloe vera and cucumber.
#qsilica #blemishfree #bridalbeauty
How Qsilica Naturally CLEAR Blemish Control Kit Works, from the Inside and Out
1. Cleanse – Internally detoxifies, cleanses and purifies the blood. Externally removes dirt and dead skin cells;
2. Treat – Internally supports normal hormone function through androgen regulation, while antioxidants assist the body’s natural free radical defences. Externally kills pimple-causing bacteria at the site;
3. Repair – Internally promotes skin healing through cellular support and repair. Externally calms skin and reduces redness through anti-inflammatory properties.
The Qsilica Naturally CLEAR range includes:
Qsilica Naturally CLEAR Skin Support Tablets* $29.95 RRP
Qsilica Naturally CLEAR Skin Cleanser $24.95 RRP
Qsilica Naturally CLEAR Spot Gel $17.95 RRP
Qsilica Naturally CLEAR Blemish Control Kit $59.95 RRP
* Contraindications: If you are pregnant, or considering becoming pregnant, do not use supplements containing Vitamin A. When taken in excess of 3000 micrograms retinol equivalents, Vitamin A can cause birth defects.